This Oak Wilt Vendor Directory links the public with professionals experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of oak wilt disease. For help choosing a vendor who specializes in oak wilt, please read the Selecting a Suitable Vendor section below. It is important that anyone purchasing from any of these vendors understands that it is their own responsibility to ensure that they are getting a reliable and quality service.
Search Oak Wilt Qualified & Oak Wilt Certified Arborists
Selecting a Suitable Oak Wilt Vendor
- Look for established businesses that reside in your city or service your county.
- When you call, make sure the vendor you choose is fully insured to cover liability for personal and property damage and has worker compensation insurance. Ask to get copies of their current certificates of insurance. You could be held liable for injuries or damages that occur if the firm is not properly insured.
- Find out if the vendor has any certifications or belongs to any professional associations such as the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). Many vendors employ Texas Oak Wilt Qualified (TOWQ) and Texas Oak Wilt Certified (TOWC) specialists who have received special training on the identification and management of oak wilt in Texas. A list of those vendors can be found in the Vendor Directory.
- Make sure you are dealing with a reputable vendor. Ask for local references from recent clients that contracted for similar services.
- Get more than one estimate and understand what services will be rendered. Ask questions and have them explain what they will be doing. If you don’t feel comfortable, contact another firm for an estimate. Always get it in writing.
- Finally, use the resources on this website to educate yourself about oak wilt so that you can ask intelligent questions and make informed decisions.